The day-to-day financial tasks that an assistant accountant assists with include data input for month-end management accounts and/or year-end financial statements.
Additionally, the Assistant Accountant might be required to help with the completion of VAT returns or the creation of tax computations, among other regulatory financial needs.
Examples of common job titles are "assistant accountant," "trainee accounting technician," "accounts clerk," "cashier," "financial assistant," "purchase ledger clerk," and "sales ledger clerk." Additionally to ensuring complete proficiency
as an assistant accountant, this typical professional
12–15 months of instruction plus up to 12 weeks of end-of-course testing
- Before taking the end-point evaluation, apprentices who don't have level 2 English and math must pass those tests.
- AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping.
- AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting.
- A hybrid of webinars conducted remotely and in a classroom, depending on the participant count.
- To assist the application of information, skills, and behaviors, one-on-one monthly mentorship and tutoring sessions.
Occupational standards serve as the foundation for apprenticeship standards. An occupational standard is a brief and succinct document that outlines the "duties" and "knowledge, skills, and behaviors" (KSBs) needed to carry out these duties competently,
as well as any qualifications that must be completed and, if applicable, alignment with professional recognition.
Achieve success. aware of their place on the team and how their actions affect others. The following AAT certifications can optionally be integrated into the apprenticeship by Swarm:
- Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping: This certification provides the abilities and fundamental information needed to handle books successfully. It incorporates manual double entry bookkeeping, together with the
related paperwork and operations, up to the Trial Balance standard.
- Advanced Diploma in Accounting: With this certification, you'll become an expert in more complicated accounting disciplines, such as advanced bookkeeping, financial processes, final accounts, and ethical accounting
- Achieve professional AAT Bookkeeper Status: You can apply for AAT associate bookkeeper membership and get professional AATQB status if you successfully finish this certification.
- English & Maths: Before taking the End-Point Assessment, apprentices who don't already have level 2 English and math will need to get those skills. English and math proficiency at Entry Level 3 is required for
persons with an education, health, and care plan or a legacy statement.