What do Safeguarding and Prevent mean?
Safeguarding refers to:
- The process and measures in place to protect children, young people and adults from harm or potential harm, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, race, or religion. Advocating learners’ health, wellbeing, and development. Providing safe and effective care in a safe environment.
Prevent refers to:
- Providing practical help to prevent learners from being drawn into terroris and ensure they are given appropriate advice and support. Stopping learners from being involved in extremism, or radicalisation.
What is discussed in our Safeguarding and Prevent Policy?
- Safeguarding and Protecting children and vulnerable adults
- Prevent Duty and StrategyPromoting British values
- Possible signs of Radicalisation
- Safeguarding Procedures Safe Recruitment